A C C O U N T I N G F O R O T H E R S
AN INTERNAL CHARITABLE CHARTER OF DWA
P U R P O S E
The purpose of Accounting for Others (AFO) is
to give back to the communities where we work and
live. This will be achieved through volunteering
of time and donation of resources.
S T A F F B R A N C H
- Individual paid time off for volunteer work
(see further details for requirements)
- Group volunteer outings & options
- Quarterly shelter drives gathering food clothing and toiletries.
- Building pride and community within DWA
- Building relationships that make a difference.
- Contributions to social media sharing what
P A R T N E R B R A N C H
- Providing a supportive role to AFO
and the staff involvement.
- Providing client merch & memorabilia
to charities and organizations for fundraising.
- Liaising with clients RE: appearances &
involvement in charities.
W A N T T O G E T I N V O L V E D ?
We meet once a month in the large
O B J E C T I V E S
• Develop and implement a new DWA policy regarding volunteering.
• Donate time and resources to 501c3 not for profit charitable organizations.
• Enhance the philanthropic aspects of the DWA culture by positively impacting the communities
where DWA is located and its staff resides.
• Assess and approve volunteer requests in
partnership with Human Resources.
P A I D T I M E O F F F O R
V O L U N T E E R I N G
The option of one day (8 hours) of paid
time off per year will be paid to those who meet the requirements of volunteer work.
** Please reference the DWA Volunteer
Time Officepolicy located in : G:\admin\DWA AFO
PRE: 2 week written notice of date intending to volunteer,
including the name of the charity and how many hours you
will be volunteering for. Half days will be accepted (0.5)
POST: A photo of the employee actively doing the volunteer
work, or with persons who the work is contributing too.
“Selfies” are accepted. As well as a brief but thoughtful paragraph statement with the below questions answered. What organization did you volunteer with?
What brought you to this Charity? What kind of
work did you do while volunteering?
How did providing this service make you feel?
These will be posted online and on the bulletin board.